AFGJI can boast of a computerised library facility which caters to the need of the staff and students. It is here that children are lost in a world of imagination.
There is a rich collection of more than 20000 books in all subjects with a very rich reference collection to help our students to work on multi-dimensional projects and to prepare for various examinations. This collections also satisfies their urge to read more books for pleasure and for knowledge. A good number of magazines and periodicals are also available. Junior fiction is shelved separately in the library.
There is a separate library for junior and senior school students.
The library remains open on all school day from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
All students have one library period per week as per school time table. Students can take & return book during their library period. Further students can return library books any time during the library working hours.
One book for a period of two weeks with three renewals. Students should provide their admission number for the automated circulation of books.
Faculty and staff
Maximum five books can be issued for a period of one month with three renewals. Users should provide their ID number for the automated circulation of books.
1. Strict silence is to be maintained in the library.
2. All students from classes 6th to 12th and all staff members are entitled to become members of the library.
3. No person shall write upon, tear, cut, deface, damage or make any mark upon anybook belonging to the library.
4. Readers shall be responsible to make good the loss, the damage done to the books or
other property belonging to the library either by replacing such books with new ones or other
property damaged or by paying the value thereof with 10% additional charges as departmental
expenses. In case of damage / loss of a volume of a set, the whole set will have to be
5. Each student is entitled to take out one book at a time for a period of 14
days, while staff members are entitled to take Five books at a time and keep the
same for 30 days. Maximum 3 renewals are permitted for one book.
6. Dictionaries and other costly reference books are not be lent out,
however, periodical publications will be issued to staff members on week end
7. In case the books are not returned on due date, a fine of Rs. 1/- will be charged per
book on each day and no new book shall be issued thereafter, unless the member returns the
books with fine.
8. All reference books taken by the reader for consultation in the library should be returned
to the Librarian before leaving the library.
9. If the membership card is lost by a member, he/she should give a written report to the
librarian. A duplicate member ship card will be issued to the member on payment of Rs. 5/-
10. Library books are taken by the members on their own responsibility. Nobody is allowed
to sub-lend the books issued to them.
11. School leaving / transfer certificates shall not be given to students until they have
returned all the books along with Library cards and has paid the dues outstanding against their
12. Subject books & other books which are in great demand will be issued for one
13. Issue of books may be suspended at the time of stock-taking.
14. Eatables, drinks, Bags, personal books and such other articles are not permitted to be
brought inside the Library. These are to be left outside the library.
15. At the end of each academic year students of classes X & XII should return their
library cards to the Librarian.
16. Staff members are to return library cards on retirement/resignation.
The stock and services of the library has been automated by using Libsys Library Software. The library follows an open access system i.e, Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC). Users can search any book by using keywords like author, title and subject, call number, etc. The books are classified and shelved according to the Dewey Decimal Classification. Every book is barcoded and spine labels are pasted in it. The other services include :-
Circulation of books(issue and return)
Library period for all students
OPAC(Online Public Access Catalogue)
Weekend/Overnight issue of periodicals
Exhibitions/Displays of books
SDI(Selective Dissemination of Information)
New Book Alerts
Various entrance test Question papers
Newspaper clipping services
Reservation of books
Total number of books as per Accession Register (31 Mar 2017) : 20939
Newly added books in this session (Till Aug 2017) : 600
Reference Book : 1789
Gifted Books : 1145
Bounded periodicals : 249
No. of books withdrawn (upto 31 Mar 2017): 4277
CD/DVDs Educational CDs/DVDs : 101
The Times of India
The Hindustan Times